Servings: 24 Prep 20 mins Bake 350° 10 mins per batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (2 ounces) or miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella®)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until combined. Add egg yolk, vanilla, and salt; beat until combined. Add the flour and beat on low speed until dough comes together (may appear crumbly but will come together). Stir in chopped chocolate.
2. Shape dough into 24 1 1/4-inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Use your thumb to make indents in each ball. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread.
3. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 97, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 10, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 146, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 61, Potassium (mg): 25, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.