Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Chill At least 4 hrs
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 12 - 15 graham cracker squares or 2 slices purchased pound cake
- 1/4 cup diced green pear or peeled kiwi
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries or peaches
- 1/2 cup toasted rolled oats, granola or grated coconut
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections, drained (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, syrup, and orange peel; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
2. Put graham crackers, if using, in a plastic bag; roll with rolling pin until they become small crumbs (you should have about 1 cup crumbs). Or, crumble the pound cake. To assemble trifles:
3. Spoon 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs at the bottom of each 8-ounce glass*. Add 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture to each, then add red apple and green pear; add another 1 tablespoon yogurt, plums, and strawberries. Add remaining yogurt. Top each with 2 tablespoons of toasted rolled oats and finish with a few orange sections.
- Be sure to use a clear glass that is tall enough to hold all ingredients and wide enough for children to be able to easily get their spoon in and out.
- You can make the trifles ahead and chill them for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 197, Fat, total (g): 3, carb. (g): 35, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 15, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, sodium (mg): 150, Potassium (mg): 136, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.