Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pieces (each about 4 inches long) lemongrass, root end crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2 inches), peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (Thai garlic-chile sauce)
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Sliced scallion (optional)
1. Heat chicken broth in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass and ginger. Simmer 5 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Reduce heat to retain simmer; add garlic, mushrooms and chile sauce. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
3. Stir in broccoli, chicken, sweet red pepper and coconut milk. Simmer 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and fish sauce. Ladle into bowls and top with scallion, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 240, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 841, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.