Servings: 4 Yield: 4 main-dish salads Prep 25 mins Cook 10 mins Stand 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup mint
- 6 cups roughly chopped romaine
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
1. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, oil, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Spray or brush lightly with oil. Season steak on both sides with salt. Cook on medium-high 3 to 5 minutes per side, until medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes to cool, then slice thinly against the grain. (Alternately, steak can be cooked ahead of time, refrigerated, then sliced.)
3. Roughly chop cilantro and mint, then gently toss with sliced steak, dressing, romaine, tomatoes, sweet pepper, cucumber and shallots. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 364, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 81, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 15, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 954, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.