Yield: 8 servings Prep 10 mins Cook 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chipotle and adobo sauce. Whisk until smooth.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will reduce to about 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 89, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 555, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.