Blend rich whipping cream and crisp, citrusy lime juice with tequila to make this sophisticated dessert. Use packaged cookies and pine nuts to make the crunchy crust.
1. Heat oven to 350 degreesCrust:
2. Combine 10 ounces of the Nilla wafers (you will have about 8 leftover cookies from the 12-ounce box) and the pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until well ground. Transfer to a bowl and add melted butter; stir together until all crumbs are moistened. Set aside 3 tablespoons crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into bottom and all the way up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.Filling:
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine egg whites and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks are formed. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and tequila. Whisk together until well blended and then fold in beaten egg whites.
5. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool tart completely before removing from pan, then garnish with reserved crumbs. Serve slices with whipped cream on top.