1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in butter until the mixture resembles small peas. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons milk and egg yolk. Add to flour mixture and stir until dough holds together. (Alternatively, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. With machine running, add butter and pulse until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Beat 2 tablespoons milk with egg and pour into the feed tube with machine running. Stop as soon as mixture leaves the sides of the bowl.)
2. Gather dough in a ball, roll into a 12-inch log, wrap in wax paper, and chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degree F.
3. Slice dough into 12 pieces. Spray two 1/2-inch muffin cups with vegetable oil. Press in dough, covering the bottom and sides of each cup. Prick the bottoms of dough with a fork.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool completely before filling.
5. To make filling, combine pudding mix, milk, and canned pumpkin in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer or whisk for 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon mixture into prepared crust almost to the top. Refrigerate for an hour.
6. In a medium bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove tray from refrigerator, and top tarts with a tablespoon of whipped cream. Top with a pumpkin candy.