1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 3 mini-muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in dried herbs; allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, unroll one sheet of pie dough and use a 21/2-inch round cutter to cut 12 to 13 rounds. Reserve scraps and repeat with remaining sheet of pie dough. Roll out scraps and continue cutting rounds, for a total of 36 rounds of dough. Gently press each round into a mini muffin indentation and bake at 350 degrees F for 11 minutes.
4. While dough bakes, in a measuring cup, whisk together the half and half, egg and onion soup mix; set aside.
5. Place a heaping 1/2 teaspoon onion in each pastry shell. Slowly pour egg mixture into shell, being careful not to overfill. Sprinkle each top with a scant 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm