Pile cream into a hazelnut crust and top with a bevy of fresh fruit for a truly divine dessert.
1. Mix flour, sugar, hazelnuts and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
2. Make a well in center of flour mixture; add egg to well. Mix egg into flour with fork just until dough comes together. Pat into bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or up to 2 days.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line dough with foil. Fill with dried beans or rice.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake 10 minutes, until shell just starts to brown. Let cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Remove crust from pan to rack and let cool completely.Pastry Cream:
5. Mix milk and half the sugar in saucepan. Scrape seeds, pulp from bean into pan; add bean. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat; steep 15 minutes. Discard bean.
6. Whisk yolks and other half of sugar in bowl until lemon colored and smooth. Sift in flour and cornstarch; whisk until well blended and smooth.
7. Whisk 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into yolk mixture. Pour yolk mixture into milk mixture in saucepan. Bring to boiling, whisking constantly; boil 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
8. Sprinkle gelatin over liqueur in small bowl. Stir to dissolve gelatin, gently heating if necessary. Stir into egg mixture; strain if lumpy. Place bowl in ice bath; cool, gently stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
9. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of Pastry Cream. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly, up to one day.Topping:
10. Spread cooled Pastry Cream over bottom of cooled tart shell. Arrange fruit over top.