Makes: single-crust tart shell (8 servings) for $1.36. Prep: 15 minutes. Freeze: 25 minutes.
1. Place flour, salt, and baking powder in medium-size bowl in freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove from freezer; rub with fingers or use pastry blender to mix butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Return to freezer 10 minutes, until butter is firm.
3. After sprinkling mixture with cream, toss lightly with fork or spatula until the mixture starts to come together.
4. Gather dough into a ball.
5. Flatten into disk, wrap and chill one hour.