1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in flour, oats, brown sugar, lemon zest and salt until dry, crumbly dough forms.
4. Press about two-thirds of dough (about 1-2/3 cups ) into bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch-square baking pan, making firm, even layer. Spread cherry pie filling over top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.