Beneath the strawberry and whipped topping checkerboard, you'll discover white chocolate cream pie filling and chopped strawberries.
1. Mix crumbs, cocoa and sugar in medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9-inch glass pie plate. Place in freezer until ready to fill.Filling:
2. Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium-size saucepan. Over medium heat, gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate, vanilla and food coloring until mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
3. When cool, whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the nondairy topping. Fold the remaining nondiary topping into chocolate mixture.
4. Spread half of chocolate filling over bottom of prepared crust. Top with chopped strawberries. Spread remaining chocolate filling over strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.To decorate top of pie:
5. Spoon remaining nondairy topping into pastry bag fitted with #30 star tip. Pipe border around edge of pie. Pipe grid over top of pie. Arrange whole strawberries in squares on top of pie. Melt jelly in small microwave-safe bowl in microwave oven on high power, about 15 seconds. Brush jelly over kisses. Sprinkle kisses with nonpareils. Arrange in squares. Or use uncoated striped kisses.