This quick and easy dessert layers an assortment of your favorite fruit over puffed pastry sheets generously spread with delicious banana cream pudding. This recipe makes the perfect finale to your holiday meal.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Place one thawed pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Cut a 1-inch strip from each long side. Brush pastry with egg wash and place strips over each long edge to form a border. Brush top of border with egg wash. Prick bottom of pastry with a fork. (see Tip). Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet to form a second tart.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F for 16 to 17 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Gently press down centers if puffed.
4. Prepare pudding following package directions, using half-and-half instead of milk.
5. Spread half of the pudding over each cooled pastry. Arrange a row of each type of fruit on the two pudding-topped sheets of pastry.
6. Heat jelly until melted. Brush over fruit on both tarts. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.