1. In a 4-quart or larger-size slow-cooker, combine the milk, sugar, and tapioca pearls. Stir well to mix.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 5 hours, or until tapioca are soft. (The mixture will not be very thick.)
3. Take 1/2 cup of the hot milk and tapioca mixture and whisk it into the egg bowl. Repeat that same process two more times.
4. Pour the contents of the egg-bowl into the slow-cooker;whisk until it is all thoroughly combined.
5. Cover the slow-cooker and cook on HIGH for another 30 to 45 minutes, or until the tapioca is pudding-like in consistency.
6. Unplug the slow-cooker and let sit for about an hour to cool.