Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Marinate 8 hrs or overnight Grill 12 mins
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pkg (9 oz each) Melissa's steamed lentils
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Make marinade: Season chicken with 1/2 tsp of the salt. In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, 3 tbsp of the lemon juice, the ginger, garlic, turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne. Transfer to a glass dish or resealable plastic bag and add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. When ready to eat, heat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil. Remove chicken from marinade; let excess drip off. Add chicken and grill 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness, turning once. Meanwhile, make lentil salad. Open packages and gently break lentils apart. Stir in tomato, celery, carrots, olive oil, parsley and remaining 3 tbsp lemon juice. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and the black pepper. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 437, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 126, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 50, sodium (mg): 618, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.