Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 16 mins Bake 375°F 25 mins Broil 2 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) fireroasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) no-saltadded tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 tube (1 lb) prepared plain or chile-cilantro polenta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Queso fresco, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat an oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, sweet pepper and onion; cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared dish.
4. Top with sliced polenta. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until chili is bubbly.
5. Increase oven heat to broil; broil for 2 minutes, until polenta browns slightly. Garnish with crumbled queso fresco, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 310, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 800, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.