Servings: 6 Yield: 6 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 8 ounces Swiss chard, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the Swiss chard and broth to the saucepan. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 90, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 8, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 3081, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 39, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 371, Potassium (mg): 254, calcium (mg): 85, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.