Servings: 10 Prep 30 mins Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins (includes freezing time)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam or strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, and salt; beat to combine. Beat in the lemon juice. Gradually add the flour, mixing until just combined.
2. Form the dough into walnut size balls and place them on parchment-lined baking sheets, two inches apart, pressing down to flatten. Bake until lightly golden, 12 to 13 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
3. Mix jam and berries into ice cream. Fill each with about 2 Tbs. ice cream; sandwich together. Wrap tightly in plastic. Freeze for 2 hours or more before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 352, Fat, total (g): 19, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 25, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 72, calcium (mg): 45, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.