Servings: 6 Yield: 3 cups Prep 15 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla-flavored almond milk, vanilla-flavored soy milk, or fat-free milk*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 - 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
1. Put the milk, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring just to boiling (watch carefully so it doesn't boil over). Stir in the couscous and orange peel; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the almonds and cherries. Serve immediately.
- If using fat-free milk, serve the couscous with a sprinkling of sugar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 218, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 40, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 14, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 292, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 92, Potassium (mg): 217, calcium (mg): 121, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.