Perfect as a snack or as part of a larger meal, store these yummy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
2. Drain and rinse the block of tofu. To remove excess moisture, wrap in a couple of layers of paper towels and set on a rimmed dinner plate. Place another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy, like a can of soup or a skillet. Let sit 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, scallion and sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
4. Cut the tofu into rectangles about 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches long. Place in the dish with the maple syrup mixture. Make sure each side of the tofu is coated with marinade and let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Lay tofu pieces in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and pour remaining marinade evenly on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the pieces every 10 minutes or so, until well browned.