Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Combine parsnips and sweet potatoes in a medium pot; cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and parsnips have lost their bitterness.
2. Drain cooked vegetables and immediately return to pot over low heat. Mash with milk, brown sugar, butter, salt and allspice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 188, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 324, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.