Yield: 4 pints Prep 45 mins Cook 20 mins Process 15 mins Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- 3 pounds roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 ears sweet corn, husked, silks removed, and corn cut from cobs
- 2 medium green sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Prepare boiling water canner and 4 pint canning jars. Place lids in a small saucepan, cover with water and simmer over low heat.
2. Combine all relish ingredients in a 4-quart pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened (there will still be liquid left).
3. Remove pot from the heat and ladle hot relish into prepared jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe the rims, apply lids and rings and process in the boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
4. When time is up, remove jars from the canner and let them cool on a folded kitchen towel or wire rack. Any unsealed jars should be refrigerated and used within 3 days. Sealed jars can be stored in your pantry for up to one year.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 53, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 12, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 475, vit. C (mg): 16, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 17, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 77, Potassium (mg): 200, calcium (mg): 9, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.