Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or on LOW for 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 20.8 ounce package ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 soft potato sandwich rolls
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Blend chili powder, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Add ketchup and mustard and stir to combine.
2. Pour ketchup mixture into slow cooker and stir in 1 cup water, beans, onion and garlic. Crumble in half the turkey and gently stir to combine. Repeat with remaining turkey. Cover and slow cook on HIGH for 6 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
3. Uncover and add salt. Spoon 1/2 cup of the mixture onto a roll. Top with 2 tbsp shredded cheese. Repeat, reserving any leftover mixture for another meal.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 383, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 24, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.