Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 450°F 20 mins Cook 21 mins
- 1 large head cauliflower,cut into florets
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinlesschicken breast, cut into1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved andthinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper,cored, seeded and cutinto 2 x 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodiumchicken broth
- 1 8 ounce can no-saltaddedtomato sauce
- 3 cups cooked wholewheat couscous
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and season with 1/4 tsp of the salt and the black pepper. Lightly spritz with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and reserve.
3. Heat a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray; add chicken and cook 6 minutes, turning once. Remove to a plate.
4. Add onion and red pepper to pot and cook 5 minutes. Stir in curry, ginger, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, remaining 1 tsp salt, the broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and add reserved chicken. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and heat through. Serve over cooked couscous.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 333, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 88, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 42, sodium (mg): 778, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.