- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce or barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile paste or bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 chicken wings (1-1/2 to 2 pounds), tips removed and split into drumettes and wings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks (juice pack)
- 1 16 ounce package frozen Asian-style or stir-fry vegetables
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin, apricot preserves, chile paste and vinegar.
2. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken pieces, a few at a time, shaking to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken wings in two batches, about 2 minutes per side (add additional oil, if necessary). Transfer wings to bowl with sauce and toss to coat.
3. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a 4-quart slow cooker, stir together pineapple chunks, reserved juice, and vegetables; top with chicken wing mixture. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve over cooked rice.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 474, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 52, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 34, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 777, vit. C (mg): 47, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 289, Potassium (mg): 366, calcium (mg): 71, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.