Servings: 8 Yield: 8 salmon cakes Prep 15 mins Cook 6 mins to 8 mins
- 2 5 ounce pouches skinless, boneless pink salmon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup drained and finely chopped refrigerated mango
1. Place the salmon in a medium bowl. Using a fork, flake the salmon into small pieces. Add the ketchup, 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, celery seeds, egg, and pepper. Use the fork to stir until combined.
2. Place the remaining bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Use wet hands to shape the salmon mixture into 8 2 1/2-inch patties. Dredge the patties in the bread crumbs to coat both sides.
3. In a large skillet heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the salmon patties, in batches if necessary. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until browned and heated through. Serve topped with mango.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 103, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 6, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 302, Potassium (mg): 51, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.