Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs
- 4 corn cobs, kernels removed (about 2 1/2 cups kernels)
- 3 large sweet peppers (any combination of red, orange and yellow), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine corn kernels, sweet peppers, garlic, vegetable broth and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in the base of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours. Stir in thawed lima beans and cook 1 more hour.
2. Stir in butter until melted. Mix in basil, scallions, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 130, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 418, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.