Servings: 6 Yield: side salads Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins Cool 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups spelt (such as Bob's Red Mill), soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups heirloom or regular cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 cup sprouts
1. Drain spelt. Add to a pot with 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer; cook 40 minutes. (Cooking will take longer if grains are not soaked.) Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour half over warm spelt. Cool 30 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, radishes, tarragon and remaining dressing. Top with sprouts. Serve immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 233, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 393, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.