Servings: 6 Hands On 45 mins Total Time 45 mins
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 wedges yellow or red watermelon, rind removed
- 12 slices tomatoes, plus small heirloom tomatoes, if desired
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced (12 slices)
- 1/4 cup mixed olives, pitted, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1. Zest and juice the lemon. In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Alternate stacking two slices each of watermelon, red onion, watermelon and mozzarella. Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over each stacked salad. Top with sliced olives and garnish with heirloom tomatoes and basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 292, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 1772, vit. C (mg): 24, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 380, Potassium (mg): 318, calcium (mg): 327, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.