Servings: 12 Yield: servings Prep 30 mins Cook 16 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into -inch coins
- 1 large zucchini, cut into -inch half-moons
- 1 1 summer squash, cut into -inch half-moons
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 2 ears corn, sliced or kernels cut off cob
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes dissolved in 6 cups water
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pkg fully cooked Italian seasoned chicken sausage, cut into 1/4 -inch coins (optional)
- 1 bag (8 oz) baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, zucchini, squash, green beans, corn, broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes. Add pasta and cook 8 minutes.
2. Stir in kidney beans and oregano. Simmer 2 additional minutes, until pasta is tender. If using sausage, add at this time. Gradually stir in spinach until wilted. Add basil.
3. Serve with Parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 202, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 383, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.