Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Chill 2 hrs
- 1/2 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (12.4 ounces) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 6 ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds), seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia), roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, picked over for shells
1. In a small bowl, stir together bread, vinegar, garlic and 3/4 cup water.
2. Combine bread mixture, red peppers and cucumber in a blender and puree until smooth. then transfer to a large bowl.
3. Stir together the tomatoes, yellow peppers and onion. Puree tomato mixture, slowly adding oil while blender is running. Add to red pepper mixture and stir in salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. To serve, divide soup evenly among 8 bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons of the crabmeat.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 142, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 470, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.