- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1 cup water, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 large cremini mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned (1 lb.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the bulgur and 1/2 cup of the water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine the bacon, green onions, bread, egg white, cheese, sage, salt, and pepper. Cover and process until it forms a rough paste.
3. Place mushrooms, stemmed side up, in the prepared baking dish. Stuff mushrooms with bulgur mixture.
4. Pour the other 1/2 cup of water into bottom of dish; cover with foil. Bake, 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until tops are lightly crisp. Let cook 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 120, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 11, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 124, vit. C (mg): 3, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 23, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 256, Potassium (mg): 402, calcium (mg): 60, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.