1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sugar and walnuts.
2. Stir in whole egg and yolk. Work into ball; divide dough in half. Press half of dough into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch nonstick tart pan with removable bottom.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F in bottom rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes until barely colored.
4. Meanwhile, roll remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Put on baking sheet; freeze 25 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spread jam over baked tart bottom. Remove top piece of paper from chilled dough; cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange over jam in lattice pattern, without weaving, about 1/2 inch apart, piecing strips if necessary. Press ends of strips to edge.
6. Brush egg over pastry; scatter almonds around edge.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire rack. Gently remove ring; dust tart with confectioners' sugar.