Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Stand 10 mins
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Rind of 1 lemon (carefully removed with a peeler, making sure not to include the white pith)
- 1/2 cup fresh tightly packed basil leaves, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
1. Combine strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside.
2. In a small, lidded pot, combine 1 cup water, remaining 1 cup sugar, the lemon rind and basil over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cover, remove from heat and steep 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
3. In a pitcher, stir together strawberries, lemon juice, lemon-basil syrup, 2 cups ice and 2 cups cold water. (For an adult tweak, replace 1 cup of the water with 1 cup vodka.) Fill 8 glasses with ice and pour lemonade into each. Garnish with extra strawberries and basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 131, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.