- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 ounces almond paste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons all-fruit strawberry spread, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a mini muffin pan with paper baking cups. Coat the inside of the cups with baking spray.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Cover and pulse to combine.
3. Break up the almond paste in small pieces over the flour mixture and then add the applesauce, egg, egg white, honey and vanilla. Pulse until a smooth batter forms. Spoon 1 Tbs. of the batter into each muffin cup. Place 1 strawberry half on top of each muffin cup, seed side down (carefully so they stay balanced on top of the batter without sinking).
4. Bake about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the financier springs back when gently poked. While the financiers are still warm, use a pastry brush to brush the strawberries with a thin coat of the strawberry jam. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 57, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 8, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 9, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 45, Potassium (mg): 23, calcium (mg): 13, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.