Servings: 2 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rib celery, trimmed and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 pound imitation crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. In medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot, red pepper and scallions and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add potato, salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning and thyme. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
2. Stir in 2 cups of the milk and 1/2 cup water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Once vegetables are softened, stir in corn and crabmeat. In a small dish, stir the remaining tablespoon milk into the cornstarch. Add to pot, stirring; cook 3 minutes, or until thickened. Cool slightly, then serve. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 2; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 436, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 60, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1055, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.