- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 pound yellow split peas
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 pound red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
1. In a saucepan, heat oil on high. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, curry, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and ginger and cook for just 2 minutes.
2. Transfer the onion mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in the split peas, water, and potatoes. Heat on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, depending on your schedule. About 15 minutes before you're ready to serve, stir in the green peas and cream of coconut. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle on cilantro, if desired.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 384, Fat, total (g): 5, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 24, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 315, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.