Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck, cut in cubes
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
1. Heat oil in deep pot over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Remove. Brown meat in same pot, 5 minutes. Add chile powder and salt.
2. Remove meat from pot. Stir in wine and broth. Cook, stirring, over high heat, 2 minutes. Add meat and onion, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes, pearl onions and apricots. Heat over medium-high until bubbly; reduce to medium-low, cover and cook 30 minutes or until potatoes and meat are tender. Mix flour with 2 tablespoons water. Stir into stew mixture and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 458, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 70, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 598, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.