Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 45 mins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed and flesh cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium bunch kale (about 1 pound), tough stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped (about 10 cups)
1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onion and saute until very tender but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder, cumin and cayenne; cook 1 minute. Add broth, water, tomatoes and lentils. Cover; simmer until lentils are just tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in salt. Add squash. Simmer until tender, 10 minutes. Add kale; cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 271, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 44, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 709, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.