Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs low
- 8 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
1. Place onions, carrots, corn, broth, vinegar and 1-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
2. Stir in zucchini and chickpeas; cook for 45 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together cream, cornstarch, salt, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence; set aside.
3. Stir in cream mixture and tomatoes and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with Asiago and serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 311, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 48, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 681, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.