Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins plus soaking chickpeas overnight Slow Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours
- 1 pound dried chickpeas, picked over and rinsed
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 small zucchini (6 ounces each), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box (7.6 ounces) whole-wheat couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup crumbled feta (optional)
1. Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain and place them in slow cooker with onion and 1 teaspoon oregano; add 4 cups water. Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW or until tender.
2. Drain chickpea mixture and return to slow cooker. Stir zucchini, tomatoes and broth into slow cooker. Cover and cook an additional 2 hours. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oregano, salt and black pepper right before serving; spoon over couscous and sprinkle each serving with feta cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 350, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 15, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 489, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.