Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours, plus 40 minutes on HIGH
- 2 tablespoons country Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 chicken apple sausage links (3 oz each), cut up
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups sauerkraut (16 oz), undrained
- 7 frozen mini potato and cheese pierogies (from a 12.84 oz pkg of 14)
1. In a large bowl, combine mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. Add sausage and onion and toss to coat.
2. Place sauerkraut in a 4-quart slow cooker. Spoon sausage and onion mixture on top of sauerkraut.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, add frozen pierogies on top. Cover and cook on HIGH about 40 minutes more, until pierogies are heated through.
5. Stir gently to combine and serve.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 196, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 42, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 733, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.