Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 10 ounce bag grated carrots
- 2 cups weekend-prepped cabbage
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain. Add the milk and 1 Tbs. oil, and mash until desired consistency. Season with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and the pepper.
2. Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Season steak with remaining salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, turning once, until just done, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, let rest for 5 minutes; slice.
3. Toss the carrots and cabbage with 2 Tbs. oil, zest and orange juice, season to taste. Serve with the steak and potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 503, Fat, total (g): 24, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 585, calcium (mg): 100, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.