Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Grilled and sliced steak from Monday
- 4 8 inches flour tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Pepper Jack cheese (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add the pepper and onion. Cook, stirring often, until lightly brown and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin. Cook 30 seconds. Add the steak and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Divide half the cheese over the bottom half of each tortilla. Top cheese evenly with steak mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and cilantro. Fold unfilled halves over filled halves.
3. Wipe skillet clean. Heat 1 tsp. oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add two quesadillas; cook until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip; cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining 1 tsp. oil and quesadillas. Cut quesadillas in thirds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 470, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 34, Monounsaturated fat (g): 10, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 23, vit. A (IU): 1584, vit. C (mg): 54, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 27, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 788, Potassium (mg): 336, calcium (mg): 271, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.