Servings: 30 Yield: about 30 cookies Active Time 45 mins Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarse decorating sugar, such as Wilton Sparkling Sugar
- 1/2 16 ounce can cream cheese frosting
- Edible glitter, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until completely combined. Beat in the flour mixture.
3. Form the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in decorating sugar, and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Using the back of a 1/2-tsp. measure, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake until edges of cookies are firm and bottom is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Re-indent centers with the back of the 1/2-tsp. measure if needed. Cool completely on wire racks.
4. Fill each cookie with 1 tsp. frosting and sprinkle with edible glitter, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 30; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 107, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 14, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 16, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 104, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 57, Potassium (mg): 13, calcium (mg): 4, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.