Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 70 minutes Stand 15 mins
- 1 standing rib roast (3 ribs, about 6 lbs total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Place a rack in a large roasting pan.
2. Rub roast with oil, then rub with garlic. Season with 1 tsp of the salt and 1/2 tsp of the pepper. Place roast on rack in pan, rib side down.
3. Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue to roast for 70 minutes or until temperature reaches 120 degrees . Tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make chimichurri. Place parsley, oregano, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes and remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper in a blender; pulse until chopped. Gradually add oil and process until combined. Cover until serving.
5. Thinly slice and serve with chimichurri.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 547, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 230, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 82, sodium (mg): 515, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.