Dates provide a natural sweetness to this delicious cake topped with a gooey caramel sauce. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and mint garnish and you have a delicious dessert for the holidays.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place dates and 1-1/4 cups water in a large bowl and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Let cool slightly; transfer to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, yogurt, oil and eggs. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Add date puree; beat to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 37 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to rack; cool.
5. While cake is baking, stir together the caramel sauce and heavy cream. Pour 1 cup caramel mixture over baked cake, spreading to edges as it cools in the pan. Cool cake 20 minutes. Pour remaining sauce back into squeeze bottle.
6. For each serving, drizzle caramel sauce on a plate. Place slice of cake on plate with a scoop of ice cream. Garnish with mint, if desired.