1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl at room temperature. In a small bowl, sift together cake flour, cornstarch and cinnamon.
3. Beat egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until very frothy. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the superfine sugar.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together peach spread and schnapps. Gradually beat into whites. Slowly beat in remaining 1 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold in flour mixture in three additions. Transfer batter to a 10-inch removable bottom tube pan, running a knife through batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 42 to 45 minutes, until top is browned, cracked and dry to the touch. Invert pan immediately; cool cake completely.Sauce:
7. Toss peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a medium-size glass bowl. Let stand until cake is cooled.
8. To serve, remove cake from pan; cut into 12 servings. Top each with a few peach slices plus some juice. Makes 12 servings.