Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 53 mins
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, trimmed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1 pound bag green split peas
- 1 32 ounce box (such as Swanson's certified organic) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook bacon over medium heat in a large pot for 8 minutes. Remove half with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to pot. Continue to cook 5 minutes.
2. Stir in split peas, broth, 2 cups water and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook 40 minutes or until peas are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Ladle soup into bowls; top each with a little of the reserved bacon bits.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 362, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 11, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 21, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 867, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.