Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins Cook 9 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 6 whole-wheat fajita-size tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tossed salad, optional
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Gradually stir in spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lightly mash bean mixture with a potato masher. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the bean mixture down center of each tortilla and tightly roll up; place seam-side down in prepared dish.
4. Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas; cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve warm with tossed salad, if desired.
Tip Power Plate
- A great source of lean protein and fiber, beans are also good for your budget.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 373, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 20, carb. (g): 52, fiber (g): 19, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 757, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.